Remember this dress? We go from a size 20 down to a size 10 this time.
This sample dress is Willowby Geranium.
She opted to not trim the train and just carry it using the long thread tacks at center back holding the layers together.
As with the previous dress, this one also needs to have darts made between the boning strips to draw it into the chest and make it more stable. From the outside, it will just blend in and look like a side seam.
Once the dart is machine stitched and flipped right side up, the fold can be hand tacked to the nearest boning strip.
Maybe you can see through the front section of lace that there is darkness behind it. The bride revealed that she has a tattoo of words there in black ink and she wanted some solution to cover it up.
Since the lining was going to be trimmed, I knew I had some skin toned fabric to insert there. Here is the pentagon patch that was added to cover the dark tattoo:
This bride liked the original mauve velvet belt so I added French thread loops to keep the eventual bow from sliding around at center back.
Almost finished, just have to add the fingertip length veil:
Just a small shot of the bride and groom just after saying their vows in a ranch setting. Faces were blurred out.
We tried growing strawberries in these purpose built planters but they never did well. This year I plunked some onion sets into the sections and they love it!
It is the first year we have grown scarlet runner beans like they grow in the UK. The plants started well running up the wigwam sticks but soon outgrew them so a plastic cage was introduced.
Mr Mole’s Swiss chard nursery. To keep birds from eating those baby plants down to the ground he uses metal baskets from Walmart and the Dollar Store to protect them in the beginning.
If you ever think that sewing was an intricate and tedious art-form, have a look here at a real patient artist!
Thanks for dropping by, next time I hope to have some more complicated and swear word inducing fashions for you!