Any bride selecting this dress has to realize that nothing is hidden under that sheer unlined bodice. The side panels are also very revealing…we are talking “side boob” here.
Even the model has to keep her arm over the opening!
What ends up being revealed are under-bust tattoos, mainly writing, but still visible as a dark shadow.
Some brides have whole stories written all around their rib cage front and back.
So something to think about when trying on dresses or you might have to ask for a lining to be installed.
Starting at the top, the shoulder straps will be shortened and beads removed:
Three points should do the trick for a satin layer bustle:
Front hem will be trimmed to floor level and a 5 point bustle will keep the tulle layers off the floor.
Safety pins will be replaced by lace covered buttons. Back tattoos have been erased in Photoshop.
So a simple enough alteration for a change and a sweet bride starting her new life.
In the meantime during the holidays this came to me.
Can you add sleeves and take in the side seams? I need it in 4 days.
I have a load of formal dresses that need to be hemmed etc and I am also a seamstress and want things to be done perfectly and before Christmas. I am looking for precision altering. I have looked at the reviews of other seamstresses and they are all bad.
It was nice to turn down both ladies because I just did not need to cram any more into the bridal season sewing which is still going on for January/February dates. And as many of you seamstresses know…working for a woman who claims to be a sewer can only bring trouble!!!
Mr Mole has conducted an experiment this winter leaving the tomatoes and peppers in the garage with the door open on sunny days. He is so excited that we have ripe tomatoes in January!
Close-up view of the sweetest oval gold tomatoes:
Another challenge was a glorious amaryllis I bought for him last year. It had 2 stalks and multiple blooms and when it ended, he just put it in the garage on his workbench to rest/dry out and die. So all summer it was just a pot filled with dirt…no watering, no TLC until a week ago. I went out to rescue it and bring it into the kitchen to see if anything would show. Well, after 3 days one spike emerged:
Then at the end of the week…we have 2 spikes!!!
Other garden news this week was the 27 year old fence at the back of our yard was completely blown down after the violent last storm. Our neighbor propped up the fence from his side with wood but in the end we each decided to split the cost of 12 new fence panels that run from corner to corner. What you see here is only half of the job being set up and metal posts being cemented into the ground.
With all 12 new planks/panels nailed into place and ready to paint grey again.
With so many local sewers making little joey pouches for our sadly injured animal friends in Australia, we here in the forest fire section of the US are keeping watch on the News for better reports soon. Climate change is real.